Ever wondered how to have InDesign and Illustrator files translated faster, for less money?
(This information is also PDF downloadable)
Most professional business documents, such as flyers, brochures and catalogues, are created using the graphical software Adobe InDesign or Illustrator.
When your target group is multilingual, you probably need to translate those InDesign-made publications. This translation exercise very often turns into a laborious and costly obstacle course:
- Because most translation agencies are not able to ‘read’ InDesign or Illustrator files, you need to export the text content from the InDesign / Illustrator software in order to give translators a ‘workable’ file
- Once you receive the translations back from your translators (in something like a MS Word format), you forward them – in the best case – to your proofreaders for validation.
- You then need to copy/paste the approved translated content into InDesign / Illustrator (a burdensome job without any added value, very often generating human mistakes).
- Ideally, you submit the result of that language layout work to the proofreaders, for a final check (because proofreaders react differently in front of the final design than confronted to a text format).
The onerous sweat-and-tears workflow described above can now be avoided and replaced by a cutting-edge, hi-tech make-you-happy solution:
- You upload your original InDesign / Illustrator file(s) into the translation web portal of Connexion Corporate Communications (http://translate.connexion.eu) and indicate the target language(s) into which your file(s) need(s) to be translated (all European and non-European languages are supported)
- You validate the price quote that is sent to you very shortly after your request
- You receive a notification from the web portal as soon each language version is ready.
- Your proofreaders can then access the web portal and make possible corrections online in the respective languages, using a user-friendly interface. Offline proofreading is also possible.
- You can then download the translated files from the portal, directly in InDesign or Illustrator format.
- Some small post-editing might be needed, for ‘longer’ languages (such as German, in which a translated title, for example, could exceed the original title space available).
As a result, you save much time and budget:
- the language versions of your InDesign / Illustrator files are ready in just the time needed for translation, and …
- you don’t need InDesign or Illustrator experts to do the layout any more!
What’s the magic behind that easy-to-use online publishing process?
- Segmentation: once uploaded into the portal, InDesign / Illustrator files to be translated are processed by the system: all text components are extracted and cut into segments automatically
- Online CAT Translation: the text segments are translated by professional human translators using the web portal’s Computer Assisted Translation tool
- Translation Memory: the quality of the translations is enhanced by the possible re-use of previously translated text segments that partly or fully match the new text content.
- Proofreading online: proofreaders access the portal to edit and/or validate translations, in an easy-to-use environment; they can even communicate with the respective translators, through online notifications. Proofreading can also be done off line.
- Download of translated InDesign / Illustrator files: the InDesign / Illustrator files in the target languages are ready to be printed; in some cases, a light post-editing is needed to finetune the layout using the InDesign or Illustrator software.
Don't you feel like this is really worth a try? If so, test us and and request a quote for translation of you InDesign or Illustrator file, on http://translate.connexion.eu.
You can also contact Stany van Gelder (by phone +32 2 421 71 40 or by mail firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and/or a demo.