Drupal web sites
There are many good reasons to choose the Drupal Open Source CMS for your web site. Here is the top 10.
Download the pdf “Why is the Drupal Open Source CMS so successful?”
1. Rapid website assembly
Build internal and external-facing websites in a matter of hours, with minimal custom programming. No need to start from scratch every time you build a new site.
2. Thousands of add-on modules
With more than 7,000 available modules, the vast majority of your site’s requirements can be addressed with Drupal core and available add-on modules. Focus your efforts on building great websites, not re-creating well understood features available elsewhere.
3. Modular, extensible architecture
Drupal’s LAMP-based architecture is designed for extensibility – offering developers and designers the freedom to address a wide range of site requirements. Create custom content types, views and user experiences to increase engagement across your web properties.
4. Social publishing
Infrastructure Drupal provides a unified technical foundation for a broad range of collaboration patterns, including blogs, wikis, articles, forums, social networking, and much more. Common user management and functional capabilities are available universally, simplifying training and adoption for people using the system.
5. Powerful UI customization options
Drupal’s presentation layer allows designers to create highly usable, interactive experiences that engage users and increase traffic. Drupal themes can range from simple to complex, support rich customization without requiring Dreamweaver or custom HTML and can be deployed to different sites on a mulit-site network.
6. Multi-site network management
Employ a single codebase for multiple websites, enabling administrators to centrally maintain and upgrade code while serving similar or different content to different websites on different domains. Streamline site management while delivering a broad palate of social publishing capabilities to your users.
7. Thriving development community
With several hundreds contributors to the Drupal 7 release and more than 7,000 modules, the Drupal developer community is very active and growing rapidly.This community drives the innovation that makes Drupal the preferred social publishing choice for web developers and site owners.
8. Zero software acquisition cost
Stop wasting valuable euros on proprietary software licensing costs, which often results in unproductive, expensive audit and compliance programs to meet onerous licensing rules. Drupal distributions will be available to you at zero cost, saving money and freeing you to invest in value-added services that your unique deployment requires.
9. Industry standard
LAMP stack Drupal takes advantage of the scalable, secure and proven LAMP stack of open source technologies - GNU/ Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP. Web developers can access the source code across the stack, simplifying the development process and offering unrivaled flexibility, when compared to proprietary software.
10. Proven security track record
With a large, thriving developer community and thousands of sites with years of use, Drupal offers a mature, stable set of security capabilities for authentication, authorization, and protection against security threats. The Drupal community takes security seriously and marshals its vast resources against new threats in real time.
What can you expect from Connexion to make your Drupal site successful?
Guidance and expertise related to:
- The analysis of your needs
- The definition of the right balance between your needs, your expectations and your preferences
- The design of the architecture of your Drupal site using wireframes
- The selection and customization of the best Drupal modules
- The graphical design of a look & feel which is to-the-point
- The theming into Drupal of your graphical design
- The efficient integration of multiple languages
- The use of time-saving translation processes (using Automated Web Translation Workflow)
- The integration of email marketing into your site management, using Addemar
- The implementation of eCommerce, using Ubercart
- The possible use of the Drupal database to feed content into your offline publications
And also top-notch Drupal project management, support, tutorials and training